Friday, July 20, 2012

Gujrathi Exibhition

A long day it was! The day had many unexpected turns. Never knew , today I would be visiting Central Bangalore. Rode all the way, picked mom, went to Chitrakala Parishat. When it comes to Sales and exibhitions, Mom is a one stop dictionary for all these. Constantly updated GPS she has. I wonder how! (Now you know, where the shoppping and roaming stincts in me come from) Really!

Chitrakala Parishat is one of my favourite places for all kinds of handicraft exibhitions. This is one thing, I have to tell my readers. When it comes to handicrafts, I am a sucker for it. Totally!

Although not a wide variety of stalls were put up, it was an eyecatching experience. For me, always it is! I just love the innovative pieces of arts, paintings, those creative sculptures made out of sea shells, coconut shells, Jute and what not?
Now let me treat your eyes with all that I saw today.



Chitrakala Parishat from outside


Collection of Nail Paintings! Master pieces indeed.


The artist involved into his work. Proficient in nail painting, he can demo the process in a mere 50secs.


Just focus on the frame, not the reflection :-\


Beautiful shell mirror frames


Embroidery work on a screen. These embroidery work was available on sarees, kurtis, pillows and bedspreads


Tera cota set of masks that caught my attention.


Go green!!


 Nice collection of wall hangings



This piece of bead work can be worn as a bracelet or even as a band.



No comments:

Post a Comment