Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Woman pride !

Hey girls,
              Its Tuesday, still very close to Monday ;). I can still see those glum faces sitting in office out there reading this post.
Today, for a change I thought let's talk serious! (Apologies for jumping into the serious mode so quickly). Knowhat? we, women are not just skilled in Shopping, multitasking, distinguishing colors, cooking and gossiping. We do a lot more than this. But how often do we introspect about the same. Without us introspecting, we can't expect the world to enter auto-mode and acknowledge. All with me? I assume an 'yes'! and carry forward. (No case, I'm gonna stop venting today and get back to lifestyle post ;))

(Credits - A picture from google)
The world sees us as wives, mothers, teacher, daughters, so on and so forth. Why say world! Please acknowledge the fact that when you hear the word 'Woman', aren't these the same words you too get in your mind?

Why not these visuals too, which we carry very naturally and instinctively - Strength (both mental and physical,else how can we bear the delivery pain with such happiness), Good managers (We can balance both work and life), Entrepreneurs(I bet we know a plenty out there including actors,political leaders, designers, singers etc,.), Patience (Else I tell you, most marriages would have fallen apart at lightening speed), Matured leaders (Weigh both rights and wrongs), good observers, Memory boxes having billion Zeta bytes of memory space that we remember all dates, colors, clothes and the specific, intricate details of clothing worn on particular dates and events, multi-taskers (Keep an eye on the boiling milk on stove, while run to hall and watch the soap, pick up call from Mommy and talk responding correctly to the questions asked, back to kitchen, to switch off the boiling milk, come back and continue watching the soap without having lost the track of the story and yes you are still on the call with mom).

Inspite of knowing all this, how much do we talk on such values when we make our girl meets and kitty parties? we mostly end up gossiping. (I'm asking this question to self too, my alter ego plays an audience  after the post and she'll read Empoweress's post each time, only thing is she doesn't write comments to avoid rumours of having a bipolar personality)

Woman1 - Hey nice color, Elle18? I saw the same in Oriflame!
Woman2 - No streetwear, I got all the shades in this color. I love these Mauve and cappuccino shades, you know?
Woman3 - Hey yesterday I purchased the same  shade lippy! Check this.(Open purse, dig deep through the huge cluster of movie,parking,food bills and tickets and other cosmetics) and get the lippy out.
Woman1- Yes This month's Vogue edition has Sonam Kapoor wearing the same shade. I think it is MAC hug me shade.
Woman2 - I hate that b*****! Deepika has better statistics and face than her.
Woman1 - I don't agree. She is a fashionista. I love all the outfits and experiments she tries and carries successfully in Cannes and other festivals....
(I can prolong this conversation which may eventually create Sex and city - 4 ).

 Next time we meet, lets share conversations relating to lives more practically and rationally than crib  about everything and end with the easy famous slogan "Men will be men"!.

Let me end the post saying, Women will be women, how would meet ups satiate without gossips and cosmetic discussions? (laughs!) (Gimme a hi5!)

But let's rejoice our birth, strengths and womanhood  and thank god each day for being born a WOMAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment